Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Robert Schiller 1962-2007




Through the wonders of Facebook I found out a month ago that Robert Schiller passed away back in 2007. Robert and I performed together back in 1996-1998 when I was in Peace Theatre. In 1996 I was in my second summer in Peace Theatre. I was a young, raw and talented performer. Rob was veteran improv and comedic actor and he took me under his wing that summer. I really liked Rob. He brought alot out me I never knew I had. It was that summer back in 1996 while we were in pizza shop between shows Rob was telling our troop about all of his theatrical experiences. I was in awe of his life and it was that day I decided to pursue theatre as my profession. I was 16. Rob will never know how much he is responsible for my acting career. Rob and I did alot of Peace Theatre shows together between 1996 and 1998. Our last show together was March 11, 1998 at the Philadelphia Convention Center. We lost touch over the years. I was looking him up on Facebook when I found his memorial page. He died in 2007 from complications from heart surgery. He left behind a wife and child. Thanks Rob for your influence on me when I was young teen age performer. Your finger prints are all over my acting career!

No comments: